Thursday, September 22, 2016

Testing in Belgium

Back to Spa again, this time in preparation for the 71 CanAm car race this weekend.  Due to rules, I can't use the big Lola or the McLarens, so I've gone with the Shadow again.  It makes a great noise, but more importantly it has a really nice balance, and it didn't take too long to get it hooked up.  I've really been focusing on differential settings, as the car can be run flat out through a number of corners, but has a small amount of understeer to deal with.  After a couple of hours the car is feeling much better, testing always takes longer at a big track like Spa.  I've had mostly bad luck at this track recently, it's very difficult to get the balance exactly right.  Worringly, my engine blew during testing...  Not sure about this engine acutally.

No comments:

Post a Comment