Thursday, October 6, 2016

Testing in Czechoslovakia

Brno (1965 version) is next up, and this should be a little special.  This is an amazing racetrack, long straights, fast curves, elevation changes, and a number of technical sections.  It's very difficult, fast and bumpy with absolutely no margin for error at all.  I'm on the back foot here.  I don't know the track as well as I should, and I spent a lot of time last month practicing in the Ferrari P4 - the car I thought we'd be allowed to use.  Turns out the official race post says we have to use something with a Ford engine.  So I've been forced to scramble and spend time first figuring out which Ford is probably the best one for this track (quick back to back testing at Monza short track showed the Mk2B slightly better than the Mk 4), then to start all over again at Brno trying to set the car up.

I'm exhausted, the car is like a truck compared to the wonderfully fleet Ferrari, and it's overheating the rear tyres after a couple of laps.  Very annoyed to be on the back foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment